• Mickey Mitchell

Why do Museums protect the stories of our world?


The items on display in museums, make up just 20% of their collection. But what about the other 80% that we don't see?

"Each time history repeats itself, the price goes up."

Now, more than ever, it is imperative that we look to our past to help navigate the complicated waters of our present, in order to get to our hopeful future.


Museums protect the stories of our world, and provide places we can go to learn and be humbled by those who failed and triumphed before us.



The items on display in museums make up just 20% of their collection. But what about the other 80% that we don't see?


The art, literature and artifacts found in museums around the world are priceless. It is crucial that these items are protected and preserved both when on display to the public, and when tucked away within the collection storage of the museum.



When it comes to designing new or retrofitting existing collection storage spaces for museums, it is something we do with the highest level of care.


Westbow Systems offers a broad array of storage solutions that help to protect the collection from things as simple as dust, light, bugs and theft, as well as potentially destructive forces such as fires and floods.


When it comes to the design and implementation of our collection storage systems, we like to take our time to not only ensure the collection will be well protected, but organized as well.

These artifacts and little stories from our past remind us of where we came from, and how to course correct to get to where we need to go. Which is why Museums are needed to protect the stories of our world.



If you're looking to design new, or retrofit your current collection storage area at your museum, reach out to us. We love working along side all sizes of museums, getting creative with their space, budgets and unique collections.


We offer everything from customized mobile shelving systems, herbarium cabinets, hanging art systems, textile storage, drawers systems, pallet racking (for larger items), exhibit cases, flat file cabinets, and more.


Collection Storage Gallery


Mobile Shelving, Drawers, Exhibit Cases, High Density Shelving, Museum Shelving, Entomology Cabinets, Herbarium Cabinets, Flat File Cabinets, Art Racks, Museum Mobile Shelving.


Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, Grande Prairie, Fort McMurray, Lacombe, Cold Lake, Jasper, Fort Macleod, Claresholm, High River, Olds, Drumheller, Lloydminster, Slave Lake, Peace River, Wetaskiwin, Three Hills, Okotoks, Cochrane, Alberta.



Proudly Serving Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.

We serve Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton and all cities and towns in Alberta; including Airdrie, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Grande Prairie, Spruce Grove, Fort McMurray, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Lloydminster and everywhere in between.

We also serve all of British Columbia, including Vancouver, Abbotsford, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Delta, Kelowna, Langely, Richmond, Saanich, Surrey, Victoria, Comox, Courtney, Chilliwack, Prince George, 100 Mile House, Cranbrook, Fernie, Golden, Invermere, Kimberly, Radium & More.

As well as all of Saskatchewan; including Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert, Swift Current, Lloydminster, North Battleford, Estavan, Moose Jaw, Yorkton, Warman & More.

Contact us to inquire about mobile shelving, shelving, lockers, pallet racking, mezzanines, exhibit cases, library shelving, museum shelving, wire shelving, steel shelving, steel lockers, rolling files, rolling shelving, mobile storage, security cages, metal lockers, racking, cantilever, high density shelving, storage cabinets, rotary cabinets. Actually just contact us about anything storage related, if we can't help you we'll at least point you in the right direction. ;) 

© Westbow Systems 2020, All Rights Reserved. Some images courtesy of freepik.com